Forgiveness Myths – Radical Forgiveness (Part 2)
1. Forgiveness Denies the Seriousness of Sin.
A. Forgiveness Changes the Sentence, not the Verdict!
B. Excuse the Wrong
C. Explaining Away the Wrong
2. Forgiveness Releases People from Consequences
3. We Believe The Forgiving lets People Off the Hook to Easily
4. Forgiveness Requires Me to Reconcile
Forgiveness depends on me, reconciliation depends on us.
1. Needs Repentance - Must be genuinely Sorry
2. Restituition - Actions of Repentance
3. Rehabilitation - Actions this will not happen again
We set Limits of abuse, not on forgiving
5. Forgiveness and Forgetting are Synonymous